September 22nd, 2013 by Josh
The third week of NFL football is underway. I am feeling pretty good about this week because I picked Kansas City for my survivor pool. They won by an easy 10 points on Thursday. It is nice knowing that everyone else can be knocked out except for me. Football betting sites have been stepping up their promotions a lot this past month, competing with each other for sports bettors coming out of off-season hibernation. Bovada.lv has some decent NFL betting promotions that I have not seen before and Betonline has completely overhauled their bonuses and promotions. I checked out some other U.S. bookmakers and they are offering the same lame bonuses so it is no surprise that Bovada and BetOnline are well ahead of the rest in terms of popularity. These two books compliment each other very well, so well that it almost seems planned. Football bettors who want to wager on the underdog are much better off doing so at Bovada while those betting on the favorite should do so at Bet Online. The lines and spreads simply work out this way each week. I’ll be looking at the new NFL football betting promotions at both Betonline and Bovada in this post. I will start with the Bovada football betting promos since they are the larger of these two US bookmakers.
NFL Betting Promotions At Bovada.lv
The bonus available to new sports bettors at Bovada is a 50% match up to $250. This is pretty standard. The NFL promos are not standard though. There are three main promos for NFL football bettors right now; Survive the Season, 2 for 1 Tuesdays and the Prop of the Week promo. I will explain how each works below.
- Survive the Season: Football fans do not really need an extra reason to bet each week but Bovada is giving us one anyway. Perhaps you can use this promo to placate a nagging wife (or husband). Bovada is giving away free money to people who place a football wager every week. There are two different payouts for this promotion. If you wager $25-$99 on the NFL each week during the regular season Bovada will give you $50 when the season ends. If you wager $100 or more each week you will receive $250. You must opt-in for this promo. You can find details in your account settings after creating an account. It’s already week 3 but you can still get in on it. Bovada will honor this deal so long as you meet the wagering requirements so if you opt-in during week five you will still be able to claim the free money.
- 2 for 1 Tuesdays – Place a NFL parlay wager on Tuesday and Bovada will give you a $10 free-bet the following week.
- Prop of the Week – Each week Bovada picks an NFL prop bet to feature. Place a $10 or more wager on this prop and they will give you a free $5 mobile free-bet.
NFL Betting Promotions At Betonline.ag
Betonline football betting in 2013 is far more rewarding than it was in 2012. They have finally gotten rid of the 25% bonus and replaced it with a 50% bonus up to $2,500, as part of their Kick Off Bonus. You can also claim $75 in free-bets, as explained below.
- Free $25 live football bet – Betonline’s live betting platform may not be as nice as Bovada’s, but they are giving users a risk-free $25. Place your first in-play wager of $25 and they will credit your account with $25 within 48 hours if you lose the wager. You have to opt-in by writing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Free $50 mobile football bet – This promo is basically the same as the live betting promo listed above, only it is a free $50 mobile football bet.
Related Gambling News
- September 2, 2013 NFL Point Spreads For Week 1 2013 The 2013 NFL football betting season is here. Most of the top sports betting sites have released the pointspreads for week 1. I have been browsing through the week 1 NFL point spreads and I […]
- February 10, 2013 Football To Basketball Betting – Bet NBA & NCAA Online I personally enjoy football betting more than any other type. Perhaps this is because it is the most profitable form of sports betting for me or maybe because NFL football is more exciting […]
- February 2, 2013 Bovada Sports Parlay Series – 10% Extra – February 2013
Bovada Sports is really the only place sports bettors go to make parlay bets. The best sports betting sites in 2013 - except for Bovada.lv - largely neglect parlay wagers. […]
- February 4, 2013 BetOnline.ag Sports – $25 Free Play – Betting Bonus The BetOnline.ag sports book is running a cool promotion that starts in February and will continue throughout 2013. The $25 free play at BetOnline is for users who want to try out their new […]
- February 10, 2013 Horse Betting Cashback – Racebook Rebates The top horse betting sites in 2013 are each offering a special cashback incentive. Horse race betting cashback or rebates are similar to rakeback at poker sites. If you wager $1,000 on […]