June 14th, 2013 by Josh
The 100 billionth hand has been dealt at Pokerstars. More than 10,000 players received a part of the $1,000,000 cash give-away for the 100 billionth hand, not to mention the millions Pokerstars has given away earlier in the promotion. I was hoping that the 100 billionth hand would be dealt at an uncommon game like Triple Draw or Badugi. That would have meant that the other players at the same games/stakes would have had huge payouts. Unfortunately the 100 billionth hand was dealt at one of the most common ring table stakes for NL Hold’em: $.02/$.05. The winner of the 100 billionth hand only won $103,800 but I’m sure the microstakes player isn’t complaining. Sadly Americans are not allowed to play at Poker Stars for money in 2013. This promotion alone is better than all of the promos at US poker rooms combined in my opinion. U.S. players can find a decent place to play at www.WhateverGambling.com. I will provide a breakdown of who won what and why during the 100 billionth hand Mega Milestone promo at Pokerstars on June 13th, 2013.
Who won the 100 billionth hand at Pokerstars?
The Greek player microulis69 was the winner of the 100 billionth hand at Pokerstars.com. Pokerstars had over 400,000 players logged in when the hand was dealt and they were dealing more hands/hour than I have ever seen before. The table was a $.02/$.05 NL Holdem 6-handed table. The payout for microulis69 was determined by how many VPPs he earned at the table. If a medium or high stakes player had hit it their payout would have been much larger but microulis69 still got a cool $103,800. That left $862,000 left to be awarded. Here is a breakdown of how the rest of the money was distributed:
- Other players at microulis69’s table: $65,460. If the table was full each player would have won $13,092. More if the table was not full.
- Other players at $.02/$.05 NLH tables: There were 9,471 people playing at this stakes and game type. Pokerstars split the remaining part of the $1 million dollar jackpot – $830,790 – between them. They each got about $87.
There is still money to be won during the 100 billionth hand celebration at Pokerstars. They were running several other events that would each be noteworthy by themselves. The on-going and upcoming promotions at Poker Stars in June are outlined below:
- World Record MTT – This event will run on June 16th, 2013. The buy-in is only $1 and Pokerstars is guaranteeing the event for $300,000. The tournament is capped at 225,000 players so that equals a $75 grand overlay and the winner will receive $25,000. To be honest I don’t know if $25,000 is worth it as it will surely be a long, tedious tournament. The notoriety and fame that comes with winning the largest poker tourney ever is probably worth more than the money. You could essentially say that you are the best poker player in the world, even if it isn’t remotely true.
- Golden Sitngos – This event starts on June 17th and runs until the 23rd. I think that it is even better than the Milestone hand aspect of the celebration. Sitngo prize pools will randomly be increased by 2, 4 or 10 times.
- Zoom & Boom – A $1,000,000 Zoom tournament running on June 23rd, 2013.
- Ultimate Freeroll – Freerolls are lame but this run is running on the 30th and has a one million dollar prize pool.
Related Gambling News
- June 2, 2013 Pokerstars 100 Billionth Hand Overview For June 2013 Poker Stars is running another one of their Milestone Hand promotions. This time it is for the 100 Billionth Hand so it is much larger than the previous events. There are actually 7 total […]
- May 10, 2013 Irish Poker At Full Tilt Poker Full Tilt Poker has added a few new card games recently. Irish poker is the more notable of the new games. The other new poker games at Fulltilt in 2013 are Courchevel poker, 5 Card Omaha […]
- May 2, 2014 Pokerstars Bonus Code May 2014 – Free $20 Instantly – Three $600 Bonuses The Pokerstars bonus code changes from month to month because they are always running special promotions. We have been authorized to list the best Pokerstars bonus code in May, 2014. This […]
- May 6, 2013 Full Tilt Poker No Deposit Bonus In 2013 – Free $10.30 You will NOT find this no deposit bonus offer on Full Tilt Poker's web site. Feel free to check out their bonus and promotional page. The $10.30 in free money at Fulltilt Poker is reserved […]
- May 1, 2014 Pokerstars Marketing Code May 2014
Pokerstars is running some great promotions in May, 2014. New players at Poker Stars will get to enjoy these promos and claim one of the best new player welcome bonuses in the […]